Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy Holidays!

Sorry for the posting drought--we've been happily occupied with our first visitors, my family!  They arrived on December 18th; Mom and Dad flew out the 29th; and John and Emily leave tomorrow, January 5th.  In addition to showing them all around Yaounde, we took side trips to a tea plantation outside of Bamenda (in one of the western provinces) and Kribi (a beach town on the southern end of Cameroon's coast).  It's been a wonderful visit, and I'll post more photos and descriptions soon.  

In the meantime, here's a picture from Christmas Eve of the whole crew.  Mom and Dad brought the stockings from home, and we hung them on our bookshelf.  We thought it would be fun to get a photo next to the festive decorations...but we ended up completely blocking them from view.  Oops.  
You can see I'm enjoying the local fabrics here--it looks like I was photoshopped into an otherwise normally dressed family.  :)  Luckily, I took them to buy their own Cameroonian prints, so I won't stand out as much once the tailor's finished.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year--we sure loved ours!  Now it's back to school...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!I AM FINALLY WRITING ON THIS WONDERFUL WEBSITE OF MY FRIENDS! WE ARE WAKING UP TO -17 AND A ALMOST TWO YEAR OLD CRAZY BOY. IN ADDITION WE CONFIRMED ANOTHER BOY ON THE WAY JUNE 5th. I WILL ALSO BE AN UNCLE IN JULY. THAT'S RIGHT JENNON AND BETH ARE ALSO HAVING A BABY. HOW IS EVERYTHING GOING. IT LOOKS AS IF YOU HAVE HAD SOME GREAT ADVENTURES AND HAVE SEEN PARTS OF WHAT AFRICA HAS TO OFFER. WHAT IS THE THING THAT WAS THE HARDEST FOR YOU TO ADAPT TOO? HOW ARE YOUR STUDENTS? DO THEY HAVE ADMIRAL NELSON'S OVER THERE? IF NOT I WONDER HOW MUCH IT WOULD COST TO SHIP A 1.75 TO YOU? ANY GOOD BEER? SEND ME SOME! HOW DO YOU LIKE MY ALL CAPS WRITING? FUN HUH? VISIT HTTP://BABYCARUTH.SPACES.LIVE.COM TO CHECK OUT OUR LATEST DEVELOPMENTS. WE MISS YOU AND CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AGAIN! I KNOW IT IS STILL A WHILE. TALK TO YOU BOTH SOON!

JOEL C.

jochristie said...

mrs. jungman.
i don't know if you remember me but its jo christie.
i looked at all your pictures and it looks like you are having a blast there and it looks pretty!
i hope you have fun and i wont ever forget those English 9 memories we have had.
p.s. you dont look like you have gotten skinner like i thought you would, you look the same!
:]
talk to you later!

Brian and Lindsey said...

Jo--thanks for the note! You'll be glad to know that, despite your worries, we have plenty to eat and haven't encountered any lions--just like I told you. :)