The packing itself was quite the challenge. As I wedged inverted containers of face wash into the gaps around other toiletries, Brian commented that I must have played with shapes a lot as a child. I have to admit, whether it was cramming in mattress pads to cushion the guitar or making pairs of shoes fit together like a jigsaw puzzle, my powers of spatial reasoning really stepped up to the plate. My sense of restraint, however, wasn’t as impressive, and I went a bit overboard on the tape. (Even the UPS guy was a little taken aback. “Well,” he said, “you really shellacked these, huh?”)
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Eight Rolls of Packing Tape
The other day, a friend asked me if I was enjoying my summer off; I tried not to scare her with my maniacal laughter, but it was hard to stifle. While it’s certainly been productive, the past few weeks have not exactly been relaxing. Yesterday morning, we completed the latest phase of preparation by shipping 18 boxes to Houston, where they will be loaded onto a container ship bound for the west coast of Africa; ideally, it will arrive around the time school starts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Lindsey,
Matthew and I just read your post about your use of tape. I want to let you know that your over use of tape is genetic. It comes from your mother's family. You should see any package that Carl sends, lots and lots of tape. Had he been helping you, you would have used 9 or 10 rolls. But as Carl is quick to point out, those packages get where they need to go in great shape. We really enjoy reading about your adventures.
Christine
Post a Comment